Tonight, February 22: District Playoff Game for varsity boys basketball at 7:00 pm
March 2: Half Day (11:30 dismissal)
March 22-24: Seussical the Musical performances (tickets go on sale next week!)
Tickets Go On Sale Next Week!
Seussical the Musical tickets will go on sale next week! Watch for an order form to be sent home with your student.
Spring Preschool Open House Dates
Please share with your friends and neighbors about our BCS Preschool! Our best preschool referrals are from word-of-mouth, so we rely on you (whether or not you have a preschool-aged student) to help us promote the BCS Preschool.
March 13th, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
April 10th, 9:00 am - 12:00 noon
May 10th, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
All game and practice schedules are available on the CCAC website. It is always kept up-to-date, so please use it as your guide to our official sports schedule.
Tonight, Thursday, 2/22
Varsity boys home district game, 7:00 pm
Varsity boys practice, 3:00 - 5:00
Varsity boys practice, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Varsity boys district game, time and place TBA
Varsity boys practice, 3:00 - 5:00
Varsity boys potential district championship game OR consolation game, time and place TBA
News and Updates
It's re-enrollment season at BCS! Please take some time to review your packet and re-enroll as soon as you can. The deadline for the most affordable rate is March 31st!
Serve-a-Thon Season is Upon Us!
Serve-a-Thon packets have all been sent home. Either you received it at Family Connect Night or it was sent home with your student yesterday. Please return to the office: (1) the yellow Parent Agreement Form, (2) the green student permission form, and (3) your 30 completed letters.
Additionally, if you would like to take advantage of the Spanish version of our sponsorship letters this year, please contact Mrs Bromwell or the school office.
Middle School Tutoring Available
Our 10th grade Student Council Representative will be offering tutoring for Middle School Students each Monday from 3:00 - 5:00 pm beginning February 12th. If you would like your middle school student to attend tutoring, please email each Monday to email@example.com
Jump In and Join Us
Families Needed to Host Students
We would love for you to prayerfully consider whether or not you could help in one of these ways (or might know someone who could).
1) There is an immediate need for a host family for one of our exchange students from March 1 until the end of this school year (June 7). Host families are given a stipend of $650 per month to cover general costs of housing a student. The main requirements for hosting are being a Christian family, providing a bedroom with bed/desk/closet/dresser, and making sure the student gets 3 meals a day. For more details about this immediate need, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2) We are also looking for host families who might be interested in hosting a student for the 18/19 school year as we prepare for next year. The same requirements listed above would apply. During this time of year, applications for next school year are beginning to come in, so although we do not yet know the final count of homes that are needed, we're trying to be proactive in lining up the needed host families ahead of time!
3) Lastly, from time to time it is helpful to have families willing to serve as "back-up" host families (for example if a host family has a multi-day trip planned or an emergency takes place within the family). We are working on compiling a list of families interested in serving in this way.
If you have any questions about hosting or would like more information, please feel free to ask! Please pass this info along to anyone else you know who might be able to serve in any of these ways. Thanks so much for your consideration.
Urgent Need for a Violinist
We are in need of a violinist for our upcoming play, Seussical the Musical. If you know someone who can play and would enjoy the experience of joining the pit orchestra for this show, please direct them to contact Mrs Warner at email@example.com.
This Week's Prayer Theme
This week, pray for our teachers. Specifically, pray the following:
- Pray that God would give wisdom and courage to our teaching staff as they guide the learning of the BCS students.
- Pray that the faith of each teacher would be strengthened, and that they have opportunities to share their faith with their students.
- Pray that the needs of our teachers and their families would continue to be met as they serve at BCS.
Part-Time Job Opening Available
Mrs Mountz is counting down the days until her baby arrives. A competent replacement is being sought for her maternity leave from approximately April 5th through the end of the school year. The position is from 7:30 am until 12:00 noon every school day. Responsibilities include answering phones, daily attendance and lunch order, and welcoming guests. Pay is $9 an hour. Applicants must have PA child abuse clearance, criminal background check, and FBI fingerprint or being willing to get them. If you or someone you know would be interested in this position, please contact Miss Klase (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a resume and Christian testimony.
Menu for the week
Friday, February 23
Elementary: French toast sticks w ham slice, hash brown patty, grapes
HS Hot: Mini corn dogs, baked beans, sweet potato tots, strawberries
HS Cold: Grilled cheese on panini, baked beans, sweet potato tots, strawberries
HS Pizza: NY pepperoni pizza, baked beans, sweet potato tots, strawberries
Monday, February 26
Elementary: Chicken patty on roll, lettuce/tomato, hummus w celery and carrots, peach slices
HS Hot: Beef burrito w toppings, black beans & roasted corn, pickled jalepeno relish, watermelon, churro
HS Cold: Pub burger w cheese, black beans & roasted corn, pickled jalepeno relish, watermelon, churro
HS Pizza: Stuffed crust pizza, black beans & roasted corn, pickled jalepeno relish, watermelon, churro
Tuesday, February 27
Elementary: Hot dog on bun, curly fries, baked beans, watermelon
HS Hot: Grilled cheese w tomato soup and croutons, cole slaw, applesauce
HS Cold: Chicken filet sandwich, cole slaw, applesauce
HS Pizza: French bread pizza, cole slaw, applesauce
Wednesday, February 28
Elementary: Fish sticks w roll, steamed peas, tossed salad, cinnamon spiced apples
HS Hot: Chicken and cheese pizza w sauce, green beans, carrots/celery w dip, mangoes
HS Cold: Hot roast beef & cheddar, green beans, carrots/celery w dip, mangoes
HS Pizza: Buffalo chicken pizza, green beans, carrots/celery w dip, mangoes
Thursday, March 1
Elementary: Mini pierogies, spinach salad, mixed veggies, fruit cocktail, whole grain cookie
HS Hot: Hot ham and cheese on pretzel roll, curly fries, snap peas, watermelon
HS Cold: Pretzel dog, curly fries, snap peas, watermelon
HS Pizza: Cheese pizza, curly fries, snap peas, watermelon