Tonight, February 23: Family Connect Night for ALL BCS Families
Friday, March 3: Half-day of school
March 16 - 18: Performances of Sherlock Holmes
Basketball: Season's End
Congratulations to our Varsity Guys Basketball on their historic season. The Lions finished 12-11 (7-5) and represented BCS in both CCAC Playoffs and PIAA District III Playoffs. Congratulations to our varsity boys basketball team on a fantastic season. We were proud to see more than just plenty of wins, but also a season of demonstrating the character of Christ and learning to represent Him well. Great work, team!
Choose Your T-Shirt Color!
Don't forget that you have a chance to vote for our Serve-a-Thon t-shirt color this year! Choose from black, green, or purple. For $.25, you can vote for your favorite. The winning color will be our t-shirt design for this year. Vote as many times as you like. Parents and teachers are welcome to vote as well. Final votes will be collected and counted TONIGHT, at Family Connect Night, and we'll announce the winning color!
Purple has pulled ahead with a wide lead!
Family Connect Night
It's TONIGHT! Remember:
1. Every BCS family should plan to attend this key event.
2. We'll start at 6:00 with a potluck dinner. Please plan to bring a main dish AND either a side dish (last names N-Z) or a dessert (last names A-M).
3. We'll have two important presentations starting at 6:45. First a State of the School Address from Mr Warner, followed by a Serve-a-Thon Kickoff from Mrs Bromwell.
4. At 7:45, we'll distribute Re-Enrollment Packets and then get a head-start on writing our Serve-a-Thon sponsorship letters. Please bring your address book and stamps for the time we'll take together preparing our Serve-a-Thon sponsorship letters.
- Childcare will be provided for elementary children from 6:45 until 7:45.
- Stamps will be available for purchase (at USPS postage prices) at BCS on Family Connect Night only.
- A list of the people who sponsored your family in last year’s Serve-a-Thon will be provided.
- Attending Family Connect Night is one requirement for earning a discount on your 2017-2018 re-enrollment.
- PRIZE OPPORTUNITY: If, as a school, we collect 750 completed letters on Family Connect Night, the entire school family (students and parents) are invited to a donut breakfast on Wednesday, 3/1 at 8:00 am.
Parent Volunteers Needed
Parent Volunteer Forms were sent home two weeks ago. Be sure to choose how you'd like to help and return this form to the school office as soon as possible. We still need plenty of volunteers to help on Serve-a-Thon day!
News and Updates
Middle School Tutoring
One of our high school students offers tutoring every Monday from 3:00 - 4:45 for any middle school students who would like help with homework, studying, or organization. Any Monday that a 6th-8th grader that would like to stay please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cast of this year's dramatic production, Sherlock Holmes: The Final Adventure, are deep in rehearsal and preparation. We are looking forward to a fantastic show coming up in March. It's not too early to reserve your tickets! Order forms will be coming home tomorrow (and were also attached to your Beat email this week).
Jump In and Join Us
A Call for Performers
Dear Alumni, Staff, Parents, and Friends of Berks Christian School,
This spring, Berks Christian School is reviving a production of Behold the Lamb, a large-scale work for choir, soloists, and chamber wind ensemble that was written for our school and first performed in 2011. This is a multi-movement work detailing the passion story written by Pittsburgh-based composer Chris Massa
This year, April 6-8, we will be performing the work twice and creating a professional recording.
We want this to be a community event, and are looking for adult singers and performers to join our high school performers. Did you sing in the 2011 production? Do you enjoy singing choral music? Do you play a woodwind, percussion, or brass instrument?
To learn more, visit our performer interest page and event page at the BCS website. To show your interest, and to receive more detailed information, please contact Phil Warner by emailing email@example.com.
Subs are Needed
We are looking to add some substitute teachers to our list. We are looking for people with the following requirements:
1. Flexible schedule
2. Bachelors degree (it does not have to be in education)
3. PA Criminal Background Clearance
4. PA Child Abuse Clearance
5. FBI Fingerprinting
If you are or anyone you know are interested in being added to our sub list, please contact Miss Klase at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of our tenth grade students has organized a Food Drive with the Greater Berks Food Bank. In the months after the holidays there remains a great need for food donations, but people typically don't think to give during this season. Nick's goal is to collect 100 cans of nonperishable food. A donation box is located in the cafeteria and donations are accepted through the end of February.
Lunch Menu for Coming Week
Elementary: Pasta w meat sauce, seasoned cauliflower, salad w dressing, fruit
High School: Grilled cheese panini, cucumber salad, baked chips, apple slices
Elementary: Meatball sub, fresh broccoli w dip, diced pears
High School: Chicken fajita wrap, guacamole w chips, salsa, melon chunks
Elementary: Shepherds pie w roll, sweet corn and peas, watermelon
High School: Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes w roll, broccoli, peaches
Elementary: Pizza, asparagus tips, jicama sticks w dip, pineapple chunks
High School: Dutch waffle w fruit, hash browns, grapes
Elementary: Baked chicken nuggets, roll, honey glazed carrots, baked beans, strawberries
High School: Cheese lasagna w roll, italian blend veggies, pineapple
Featured Books: Read this week's BCS Logic
Holly has written a fun feature in this week's BCS Logic about some new books available in the BCS Library. Plenty of new books are being catalogued, so be sure to look for what's new!