February 17: Compassion Dress Down Day (Bring at least $2)
February 20: No School
February 23: Family Connect Night for ALL BCS Families
Our varsity boys basketball team plays in the semi-finals TONIGHT! The game is at 7:30 pm at Lancaster County Christian School vs. LCCS (651 Lampeter Road Lancaster, PA 17602). The fan bus leaves BCS at 5:00 pm. Parents are welcome to ride. Admission is $5 for adults and $3 for students. If we win tonight, we will play in the CCAC Championship game on Saturday at 7:00 pm at Lancaster Mennonite School vs. winner of Mt. Calvary/High Point game (2176 Lincoln Hwy E, Lancaster, PA 17602). Admission same $5 and $3. We will send details about bus departure time on Friday.
Regardless of tonight's outcome, we play on Monday, February 20th at 7:00 pm at Greenwood High School vs. Greenwood (405 East Sunbury Street, Millerstown, PA 17062). Admission $6 for adults and $4 for students. The team will have a shoot around/eating before they leave from 2-4pm. Fan bus leaves at 4:00 pm. With a win on Monday the next game is on Thursday, February 23rd. We will send more details about Monday's game.
Choose Your T-Shirt Color!
Don't forget that you have a chance to vote for our Serve-a-Thon t-shirt color this year! Choose from black, green, or purple. For $.25, you can vote for your favorite. The winning color will be our t-shirt design for this year. Vote as many times as you like. Parents and teachers are welcome to vote as well. Final votes will be collected and counted at Family Connect Night, and we'll announce the winning color! Green is in the lead!!
Family Connect Night
Don't forget to Save the Date for February 23rd, Family Connect Night.
1. Every BCS family should plan to attend this key event
2. We'll start at 6:00 with a potluck dinner. Pease plan to bring a main dish AND either a side dish (last names N-Z) or a dessert (last names A-M)
3. We'll have two important presentations starting at 6:45. First a State of the School Address from Mr Warner, followed by a Serve-a-Thon Kickoff from Mrs Bromwell.
4. At 7:45, we'll distribute Re-Enrollment Packets and then get a head-start on writing our Serve-a-Thon sponsorship letters. Please bring your address book and stamps for the time we'll take together preparing our Serve-a-Thon sponsorship letters.
- Childcare will be provided for elementary children from 6:45 until 7:45.
- Stamps will be available for purchase (at USPS postage prices) at BCS on Family Connect Night only.
- A list of the people who sponsored your family in last year’s Serve-a-Thon will be provided.
- Attending Family Connect Night is one requirement for earning a discount on your 2017-2018 re-enrollment.
- PRIZE OPPORTUNITY: If, as a school, we collect 750 completed letters on Family Connect Night, the entire school family (students and parents) are invited to a donut breakfast on Wednesday, 3/1 at 8:00 am.
Parent Volunteers Needed
Parent Volunteer Forms were sent home two weeks ago. Be sure to choose how you'd like to help and return this form to the school office as soon as possible.
News and Updates
If there are changes to your schedule, specifically regarding a change in pickup arrangement, please make an effort to contact the office before 12:00 noon. It is a challenge for office staff to find and notify students of end-of-day changes in the second half of the day, and many teachers do not have time to check their emails after lunch, so your messages may not be reaching them before dismissal. Thanks for your help!
Jump In and Join Us
A Call for Performers
Dear Alumni, Staff, Parents, and Friends of Berks Christian School,
This spring, Berks Christian School is reviving a production of Behold the Lamb, a large-scale work for choir, soloists, and chamber wind ensemble that was written for our school and first performed in 2011. This is a multi-movement work detailing the passion story written by Pittsburgh-based composer Chris Massa
This year, April 6-8, we will be performing the work twice and creating a professional recording.
We want this to be a community event, and are looking for adult singers and performers to join our high school performers. Did you sing in the 2011 production? Do you enjoy singing choral music? Do you play a woodwind, percussion, or brass instrument?
To learn more, visit our performer interest page and event page at the BCS website. To show your interest, and to receive more detailed information, please contact Phil Warner by emailing email@example.com.
Lunch Menu for Coming Week
Elementary: No Lunch Available
High School: No Lunch Available
Elementary: No School
High School: No School
Elementary: Eagle McMuffin, veggie blend, three bean salad, mandarin oranges
High School: Eagle McMuffin, hash browns, three bean salad, mandarin oranges
Elementary: Salisbury steak w roll, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, peach crisp
High School: Steak sandwich, baked red skin potatoes, salad greens w dressing, mangoes
Elementary: Fundraiser Lunch - Watch for Order Form
High School: Fundraiser Lunch - Watch for Order Form
Featured Book: The Paradise War
The Paradise War, the first in Stephen Lawhead's Song of Albion trilogy, follows a graduate student in England who is transported to an ancient Celtic parallel universe of sorts. Blending sci-fi and fantasy, Lawhead's plot-driven yet poetic storytelling should appeal to any fans of C.S. Lewis & Tolkien. It's available in the BCS Library now. Check it out!
Students Attend Mock Senate
Today, four of our high school students are attending a Model Senate event. They'll be joining students from all over the county to participate in a Model Senate hosted by Senator Schwank.