Tomorrow, Friday, October 7th: Maroon and Gold Dress-Down Day
Please bring at least $2.00
This Saturday, October 8th: Homecoming
Thursday, October 27: Middle School Retreat
November 2: Middle School Leadership Conference
November 20-22: High School Leadership Conference
November 21-22: Vision and Hearing Screenings by Exeter School District nurses
Schedule for Homecoming
9:00 - 3:00 Food for sale
Breakfast and lunch will both be served
9:30 - 12:00 Supervised activities for kids
9:30 Quarter Auction in the gym
12:00 - 3:00 Kids Games and Activities
Win a fish, vote for a teacher to get a pie in the face, create customized sand art, paint a pumpkin, or get your own face painted!
12:30 Middle School Volleyball Game
1:30 Varsity Volleyball Game
3:00 Alumni Volleyball Game
Last Minute Need for Homecoming Quarter Auction!
Around 11:00, the class baskets will go up for auction for live bidding. We need students from each class to show off their basket as it's auctioned. Student participation will be a big motivator for selling these one-of-a-kind collections! If your student will be here on Saturday and would be willing to be a basket promoter, please email Mrs Bromwell at email@example.com.
Our Middle School Girls Volleyball Team is undefeated in the league so far this season! Keep cheering them on! They have the following home games left this season:
Saturday, October 8th at 12:30 pm (Homecoming)
Tuesday, October 11th at 4pm
Varsity Girls Volleyball has the following home games left this season:
Tomorrow, Friday, October 7th at 4pm
Saturday, October 8th at 1:30pm (Homecoming)
Friday, October 14th at 4pm
We have the following positions open on our athletic coaching team:
- Varsity Girls Basketball: Head Coach and Assistant Coach
- Middle School Girls Basketball: Head Coach
- Middle School Boys Basketball: Head Coach and Assistant Coach
If you or someone you know is interested, please contact Athletic Director, Kody Godsey by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Homecoming is this Saturday!! Are you ready?
Don't forget to:
1. Buy your Bidding Paddle for the Quarter Auction. (Seventh Grade is currently winning for points. If you pre-order your paddle by tomorrow, your student's class will earn points toward a pizza party!)
2. Check out the list of items up for auction here.
3. Plan on attending the volleyball games, starting at 12:30 with undefeated middle school Lady Lions. Varsity game and alumni game to follow.
So, how does a Quarter Auction work?
1. Each player purchases a numbered paddle with which to bid on items during the auction.
2. Players also need quarters. (Cash can be exchanged for quarters at the event.)
3. When the event begins, all players are seated at tables, each of which has a basket in the middle of the table.
4. As each item is introduced by the auctioneer, the “price” (1, 2, 3, or 4 quarters) will also be announced.
5. If the item is something you’d like, toss the appropriate amount of quarters into the basket on your table, and hold your paddle up to indicate your bid.
6. A number will be drawn, and the person holding the corresponding paddle will win the item (assuming they have bid on the item).
7. More than one paddle can be purchased. If you’d like to use two paddles to bid on one item, you need to “pay” for the item twice.
The Time to Sign Up is Now!
Over the last two weeks, we have been previewing our family AXIS event, COME TOGETHER. This is sure to be a highlight of our year. In two weeks, we will be opening this event to the public and space is limited. Reserve your family's table today. Register Here.
Want more info? See it all on the event page.
News and Updates
High School Retreat Recap
Anna, junior at BCS, created a video recap of the High School Retreat last week. Check it out!
Jump in and Join Us
Don't Forget to Order Your Auction Paddle!
We're mentioning it again. See how much we want to make sure you get a chance to bid in this year's Quarter Auction? Lost your order form? You can print another one from Renweb or ask the office to send one home or email it to you. You'll want to join the fun for the Quarter Auction and have the opportunity to win gift cards, class baskets, prize packs, and more. Check out the complete list of items up for auction here. A list of items was also attached to the email you received with the link to this Beat.
Nutrition Information Session
Through our accreditation process last year we realized we wanted to focus more on nutrition at BCS. We put changes in place that included providing the hot lunch program through Exeter School District and making healthier choices available in our vending machines. We know that in today's world it is a struggle to make the healthy choices when they are so many unhealthy choices. We will be hosting an information session on Thursday, October 13th at 7pm for a local nurse to share the results of the survey and to give resources to you as parents on nutrition. Childcare will be provided. Please RSVP to Rebekah Klase (email@example.com) by Tuesday, 10/11.
Open Your Home for Ten Weeks?
From January 6th through March 15th, five students from Asia will be attending Berks Christian School for a short-term cross-cultural experience. Five host families are needed for this program and host families will earn a stipend. If you can open your home to a student this winter, please contact Rebekah Klase by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured Library Book: The Heavenly Man
One reviewer of The Heavenly Man suggested that reading it "is like reading a modern-day version of the Book of Acts." A claim like that might sound hyperbolic, but it's not far off. In his autobiography, Brother Yun details his experiences as a leader among the underground house church movement in China during a time of vast expansion of the Church in that country. He suffered for the sake of the gospel at a degree to which American Christians can hardly imagine, and God's miraculous provision for him repeatedly demonstrates how God builds his Church in the midst of persecution. This book will certainly challenge you to recommit yourself to following Jesus wholeheartedly.